blog change

Hello! This blog used to be called Muslins and Musings, but now we're on a new adventure. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday 13 September 2014

Lakeside Jammies

Wanna hear a cute story about a girl who thought she would have time to sew and blog while going to school? 
Luckily I've got a few slightly older projects to tide me over until I am more adjusted, like these Lakeside Pajamas from Grainline; shared today nice and wrinkled from sleeping in them, and styled with bedhead.


This pattern appealed to me because a) the name is perfect, even though I live on the ocean not a lake, b) I'm a fan of interesting backs, and c) they are pyjamas.
They are made with a cute seal print fabric from the thrift store, and they came together easily in a few sittings. Size-wise, I cut a size 4 for both pieces. The shorts fit perfectly, and the top fits my bust measurement perfectly- but I like slightly looser jammies, so I find this to be a touch restricting at times. If I make them again I will size up in the top.



I'd never done that sort of bias binding before, and I think it came out fairly well, if not super neat. For the most part. On the instructions it says to make sure you don't pull the tape as you are sewing it on because it will make the edge curl under. I made the top first, and didn't think I was really pulling, but as you can see from the below picture, I apparently was because the edge does curl under a bit as predicted. Having learned from my mistake, the shorts are much better.




Happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment