blog change

Hello! This blog used to be called Muslins and Musings, but now we're on a new adventure. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday 1 June 2015

me made may 2015 (days 23-31)

Day 23// forgot to take a picture, but an unblogged version of this Burdastyle sweater

Day 24// wore the beloved striped hemlock tee with jeans to work, and later wore them with a pair of hudson pants. I haven't blogged about these ones. I wanted them to be black 100% cotton for sleeping in, but could only find french terry in white, so I bought packet of black dye as well. The outcome of which was a grey/blue colour. I kept them like this for a while but didn't wear them much because the colour was wrong, so I dyed them again, this time taking no prisoners and using two packets of dye to end up with...dark blue. Close enough and now I'm over of the endeavour. 


Day 25// to-be-blogged tank top. I've decided to drop the "soon" off of my over-used 'to-be-blogged line'. It was starting to feel over-ambitious.


Day 26// that dress again, on a day when I was feeling too lazy to even stand in front of the mirror for a picture.


Day 27// same top as day 25, and the hudson pants again.


Day 28// a wiksten dress made earlier in the week. Haven't yet decided whether I'm going to blog about it or not, to be honest.


Day 29// archer shirt and embroidered wiksten tank. In an attempt to spice things up a little, I think I was going for some kind of pin-up girl look here, but this pic just cracks me up.


Day 30// forgot to take a picture again, but it was the wiksten dress from day 28, because it is the coolest thing I have for work.

Day 31// the final day! and here's a full shot of this dress because I am hoping to blog about it tomorrow. For the final day, I wore the watson set as well, but that turned out to be kind of a bad idea because it was crazy muggy and the longer bra felt pretty stuffy.


This month didn't really have the effect I had expected. It was about two thirds of the way through that I had the epiphany about it. It seems like the biggest point of me-made-May is to get people wearing their makes regularly. But I already do. Not every single day, but at least 50/50. And I found that rather than be an inspiring creative challenge, this month was rather more like an inconvenient chore challenge. I'm still very glad I did it though. Maybe/hopefully next may I will be able to go fully me-made for the month!

Thanks for reading and following along this month! A definite plus from having to do these weekly posts is that it has inspired me to try harder to blog more regularly, and hopefully I can follow through with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment