blog change

Hello! This blog used to be called Muslins and Musings, but now we're on a new adventure. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 1 January 2015

top four makes of 2014

Yep, we're still talking about 2014 over here. I meant to post this yesterday but one of the pictures got deleted and it was too dark to take another. So here are my top four makes of 2014 off the top of my head. I wanted to have five, but there was way too much competition for the final spot so I left it at four (not in order).
 They were all made before I started this blog, but I'll just write a little about each.


1) This striped Hemlock Tee from Grainline. It's made out of a striped knit that is heavier than what the pattern is meant for, but it works fine and this is probably one of my favourite shirts I own. It's super comfy and effortless. The only adjustment I made was to lower the neckline by I think an inch and a half or so.


2) Wiksten Tank Hack from Katy and Laney, made from a quilting cotton which I don't know if you can tell, but has little children playing on it. I made this in August and I can't actually remember what drove me to made it- it is not a print I would usually pick, I don't usually go for little bow things, and I wasn't sure about crop tops yet. So I was pleasantly surprised when I ended up loving this shirt and wanting to wear it every day. The fabric is particularly soft, and as for length it covers up perfect with high-waisted things, and shows just sliver of stomach with low-waisted, so its a win-win. I can't wait to make more of these next summer.


3) It is hard to do the colours of these socks justice in a photo, but they are made from Patons Colorwul. I wear them when my toes are cold in bed or in place of slippers. They are just so beautiful and cozy. I used this foot ovens pattern. It is the only pattern I've made socks from so far so it is super simple and super quick. And in terms of having cold feet, nothing sounds more appealing than foot ovens.


4) My first ever quilt. I finished this in the first week or two of 2014, but it was in progress for at least two but maybe three (eep) years before that, so I'm not entirely sure this one counts. For someone who likes fast results and is used to projects that take just a couple hours, this was a huge (though satisfying) piece of work. Finally I was tired of feeling guilty for leaving it half finished so I put in a couple 6-8 hour days and finished it pretty quickly -but then I was actually burnt out on sewing for about a month. I used this On a Whim pattern. After this I felt like maybe I would hold off on quilting until I was an old lady with more patience, but pulling it out again made me feel like maybe I'd try and make another one this year.

So that's my top four makes of 2014, you may now carry on with your 2015 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment